Monday, March 30, 2009

My First Lasagna

Ok, so I'm making my first lasagna tonight and it's pretty exciting.

Isn't it funny how when someone finds out that you're cooking something for the first time, they ask you a series of questions?

For example:

"Oh, you're making lasagna!? You make your own sauce right? It's so much better when you make it your self."

Nope! Sauce from a jar!

"But you make your own meatballs, right?"

Nah, the more frozen the better!

But this got me to thinking, 'Maybe I should make my own sauce'.

But that's going to turn into, "Oh you make your own sauce? You grow all your own tomatoes, vegetables, herbs and spices right?"

And once I start making my own sauce for my lasagna, it's going to turn into, "Well, you do make all you own fresh pasta right? It's so much better when you make your own pasta."

But once I start making my own pasta people will start asking, "You grow your own wheat and grains right? It's more organic and healthy and it tastes soooo much better!"

So now I'm growing my own tomatoes, vegetables, herbs, spices, wheat and grain. Soon I'll need to raise my own pigs and cows so that I have fresh sausage and hamburger to add.

I guess this means I'm moving to Italy to start my own farm and grow my own ingredients. It was nice knowing you all! I'll send a postcard!

And all because I tried to make my first lasagna...




1 comment:

She Who said...

Ash, That looks awesome. I hope it tastes as good as it looks. And... when you move to Italy I'll come to visit you so you don't get lonely raising those pigs and cows.
Love and miss you. Aunt Nellie